header image

Journal Topic # 7

You traveled by long distance bus recently and your suitcase was damaged.  Write an email to the bus company.  In your email, describe the problem and offer some suggestions.

28 Comments

1. By: Na Yu-jin on May 7, 2012 at 1:47 am      Reply

To: Bus company officials.
    From: Yu-jin Na.

Dear bus company officials.

I am sorry to inform you of this issue. I am a passenger who boarded the bus for Seoul to Busan. When I got on the bus I loaded the trunk of the bus. A bus driver treated my suitcase roughly throwing the luggage into the trunk. While I traveled long distance my suitcase shook on dirty and uneven floor. As soon as I took the luggage from the trunk I found my suitcase was damaged. I think you should replace the floor with clean and even floor. Also please tell the bus driver, treat the luggage carefully. If you fix this problem your service quality will be better.

Thank you for reading my e-mail.
    Yu-jin Na.

2. By: Dayoung Park on May 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm      Reply

To whom may it concerns,

Hello, my name is Dayoung and I recently used your bus that goes Seoul to Pohang. Although, it was a long distance, my ride was actually comfortable. The bus driver was nice, the seats were clean, and the air conditioner was on for all the way to Pohang. However, I must say that my suitcase didn’t had a nice time, instead it is damaged. I believe it got damaged when the bus driver pushed my suitcase to the corner of the trunk in order to put others’ luggage bags. Also, the trunk was very dirty, full with dust and dirt, which made my suitcase dirty. To prevent further damages on suitcases, I think the bus driver should be more careful when he or she is handling the suitcases. To add more, the bus company should also clean the trunk regulary. I hope my mail helps your bus company in any way.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Dayoung.

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 8:22 am      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To whom it may concern,

Hello, my name is Dayoung, and I recently used your bus that goes from Seoul to Pohang. Although, it was a long distance, my ride was actually comfortable. The bus driver was nice, the seats were clean, and the air conditioner was on all the way to Pohang. However, I must say that my suitcase didn’t have a nice time, instead it was damaged. I believe it got damaged when the bus driver pushed my suitcase to the corner of the trunk in order to store others’ luggage bags. Also, the trunk was very dirty with dust and dirt which made my suitcase dirty. To prevent further damages on suitcases, I think the bus driver should be more careful when he or she is handling the suitcases. To add more, the bus company should also clean the trunk regularly. I hope my mail helps your bus company improve its business.

Sincerely,
      Dayoung

Great job. You described the problem and solution very clearly. You don’t need to put a period after your name in the closing.

3. By: Kwon hye-min on May 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm      Reply

Dear. bus company CEO.

Hi, I’m Kwon hye min. I was your guest.
    A few days ago,I took a your bus to go Daegu for traveling .
    I was very happy for traveling.I ate Pizza, dosirak and sandwich for traveling.I saw beautiful sunset , a flock of and many flowers through bus wiondow.
    However I suddenly was angry. Because my suit case was broked. Ariginally my suit case was took up on shelf,but bus driver suddenly stopped bus, and my suit case was dropped. As a result my suit case’ wheels were broked perfectly.
    I told bus driver this problem, but your employee disregarded my telling.
    I am very angy. I want to your employee apologize and compensation.
    Please call me reply.

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 11:34 am      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To whom it may concern,

I was your guest. A few days ago, I took your bus to go to Daegu for travel. I was very happy to be traveling. I ate pizza, [dosirak (I don’t know what this is)] and a sandwich for traveling. I saw beautiful sunset and a field of many flowers through the bus window. However I suddenly was angry because my suit case was broken. Originally my suit case was up on a shelf, but the bus driver suddenly stopped the bus, and my suit case fell. As a result my suit case’ wheels broke. I told the bus driver about this problem, but your employee disregarded my story. I am very angry. I want to your employee to apologize and compensate for my suitcase. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thank you,
      Kwon Hye Min

Great job. Remember to write in paragraph format. Remember to put a space after each period.

4. By: Kook Juyeon on May 8, 2012 at 4:43 pm      Reply

Hello I took a greyhound from Vancouver to Calgary and found my luggage was damaged on arrival at my destination. I missed a few clothes and my pottery ended up broken. I’m really disappointed that my luggage was handled in this way by one of largest tourism companies in the nation. I ask your company to compensate me to the value of mentioned items. Furthermore, please take better care of luggage from next time. I had good service experiences with your company and keep patronizing your business. I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

5. By: Lee Soyeon on May 9, 2012 at 2:10 am      Reply

To. Bus company CEO

Hello, I am Lee Soyeon who board your company’s bus last Saturday. Your bus company service is very good. However lugage service is not a good. Last Saturday I carry my bag in the bus. At destination, I took my bag. However my bag was damaged by other lugages, so I want to compensate. I will wait to your reply. Call me back plwase. My phon number is 010-7353-1846.

Thank you for reading.
    Lee Soyeon.

6. By: Im Su Hyun on May 9, 2012 at 5:58 am      Reply

To: Bus company officials.
    From: Im su hyun.

Dear bus company officials.

I am sorry to inform you of this issue. I’m recent treveled by your company’s bus. The travel was good, but as soon as I stepped out of the bus, I found that my suitcase was damaged. I really shocked because the suitcase is my mother’s most cherished possession. I’m so really sorry for my mother, so I inform you this situation for other people that might feel same feeling. To try not to let it happen again, your company should instruct your company’s bus driver to be careful, and clean up the trunk. I hope this mail will help your company’s prosper.

Thank you for reading my e-mail.
    Suhyun

7. By: KANG SU IN on May 9, 2012 at 6:10 am      Reply

To : Bus company manager
    From : Su In Kang

Dear bus company manager,

I am sorry to have to inform you of this complaint. Yesterday, I took your bus from Seoul to Daejeon. It was really clean and comfortable to trip for a long time. However, I found that my suitcase was broken and my clothes and some belongings were damaged. I was disappointed that your company’s luggage keeping system is not complete. In conclusion, I would like you to make compensation for my damaged suitcase and belongings. Also, I want your company’s drivers to be more careful. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thank you,
    Su In Kang

8. By: SHEN CHUXIANG on May 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm      Reply

To whom it may concern,

I’m sorry to have to inform you of this issue. I took your company’s bus which is going to Busan last Saturday. Though I traveled long distance, the trip was very great. The weather was very sunny, and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery through the bus window, so I felt very cheerful and excited. However, I was very disappointed when we arrived at the end to see my suitcase. My suitcase was full of traces of scratching, and I almost didn’t recognize my suitcase. Therefore, I told the driver about my situation, but the driver’s attitude made me more angry. He said that it has nothing to do with him, and he didn’t have a little apology to left. I would like you to make compensation, and I want your company to improve the service quality of employees . I hope this issue can be resolved. Thank you for reading this email.

Sincerely,
    Shen Chuxiang

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 11:40 am      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To whom it may concern,

I’m sorry to have to inform you of this issue. I took your company’s bus which was going to Busan last Saturday. Though I traveled long distance, the trip was very great. The weather was very sunny, and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery through the bus window, so I felt very cheerful and excited. However, I was very disappointed when we arrived at the end to see my suitcase. My suitcase was full of scratches, and I almost didn’t recognize my suitcase. Therefore, I told the driver about my situation, but the driver’s attitude made me angrier. He said that it has nothing to do with him, and he didn’t apologize. I would like you to compensate me, and I want your company to improve the quality of your services. I hope this issue can be resolved. Thank you for reading this email.

Sincerely,
      Shen Chuxiang

Great job. You explained the problem and solution very clearly.

9. By: Kim Dan-bi on May 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm      Reply

To: Bus company CEO.
    From: Kim Dan-bi.

Dear bus company CEO.

I’m sorry to have to inform you of this issue. Recently, I took your company’s bus that goes to Busan. The bus was very comfortable and nice. However, when your company’s bus driver steped on the brake, my luggage slipped down from luggage rack. It was badly dented and scrached.I need to receive compensation for this loss. Also, I want to give advice to your company’s bus driver about safe driving. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thank you for reading my e-mail.
    Kim Dan-bi

10. By: Cho Eun Byul on May 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm      Reply

To, Bus company officials

Dear, 1161 express bus driver.

I was satisfied your smooth driving service. And I’m thankful for coming back safely. But after arriving at home I noticed my suitcase was damaged. Correctly it’s wheel was broken. I was so disappointed about your carelessness and even I bought my suitcase recently. So I should offer some suggestions. First, you should compensate for damage. The compensation pay would be about $30. Second, I want to be given apologize from bus company officials. Because it must never happen again to other passengers. You should know that bus drivers and officials have a responsibility of managing passengers’ suitcases. Thank you for reading my letter.

From. a passenger Cho Eun Byul

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 11:52 am      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To: Bus company officials
      From: Cho Eun Byul

Dear express bus driver 1161,

I was satisfied with your smooth driving service, and I’m thankful for coming back safely. However after arriving at home I noticed my suitcase was damaged. Its wheel was broken. I was so disappointed about your carelessness, and even I bought my suitcase recently, so I should offer some suggestions. First, you should compensate for the damage. The compensation pay would be about $30. Second, I want to be given an apology from the bus company officials because it must never happen again to other passengers. You should know that bus drivers and officials have a responsibility to carefully manage passengers’ suitcases. Thank you for reading my letter.

Thank you,
      Cho Eun Byul

Great job. Remember not to begin sentences with “fanboys” words. Remember to use a formal closing.

11. By: jinhuiling on May 9, 2012 at 2:03 pm      Reply

To: Bus company officials.
    From: Jin Huiling
    Dear Bus company officials,
    I’m sorry to have to inform you of this compliant.I took your company bus yeterday from Seoul to Guangzu.There is a lot of delicious food for our lunch.Not only I’m satisfied about it,but other services are also good.I felt comfortable in my traveling.But I’m a little disappointed that my suitcase was damaged when I arrived.It is my favourite suitcase,so I’m very sad.I don’t know why it is damaged,I won’t ask you for anything.I only hope your company pay more attetion about it in the future.
    Thank you,
    Jin Huiling

12. By: Park yeon jeong on May 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm      Reply

To : manager of the bus company
    From : Park yeon jeong

Dear bus company officials.

I am sorry to inform you of this issue. yesterday, i took your bus from Gapyeong to Seoul to go home. The bus was clean, comfortable and air conditioners were adequately cool. However, When i got off the bus, i found that my suitcase was damaged. To be honest, the bus driver handle customer’s belongins roughly. Just at that time, i think that it is no matter. but, consequently, my suitcase which i favorite was crushed. I’m very satisfied with your service before this happened. I think you should give employees warning of caring personal belogings . Furthermore, i want to be compensated for the damage. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thank you for reading
    yeon jeong

13. By: Jeon Hyun Jeong on May 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm      Reply

To : Bus company manager
    From : Jeon Hyun-Jeong

Dear bus company manager,

I’m sorry that I have to inform you of this issue. I took your company’s bus the day before yesterday, but I was angry to the driver’s attitude. He drove really fast. When I got off the bus, I found that my suitcase was damaged. I was angry for that. I told him not to drive too fast, but he ignored me. I want you to tell him and other drivers not to do like this again. I hope that your company would be better.

Thank you for reading,
    Jeon Hyun Jeong

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 11:58 am      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To: Bus company manager
      From: Jeon Hyun-Jeong

Dear bus company manager,

I’m sorry that I have to inform you of this issue. I took your company’s bus the day before yesterday, but I was angry about the driver’s attitude. He drove really fast. When I got off the bus, I found that my suitcase was damaged. I was angry for that. I told him not to drive too fast, but he ignored me. I want you to tell him and other drivers not to drive like this again. I hope that your company would be better.

Thank you,
      Jeon Hyun Jeong

Great job. You described the solution and problem very clearly. If you have time in the future try to add more detail to your solution. You could ask for compensation or an apology.

14. By: Jeong Eun JI on May 9, 2012 at 4:52 pm      Reply

To bus company CEO.

Hello, my name is Eun ji. I recently used your bus that goes Seoul to Daegu. I was very look forward to meeting my family, and I was very happy. Also seat is comfortable, clean. Therefore, I was content with good conditions. However, I was angry because my most cherished suitcase was damaged by the overhead bin. There was a nail to overhead bin. My suitcase was full of traces of scratching. Therefore I think you pay careful attention to overhead bin, and I think that you should pay for damage. I hope that this issue can be resolved. Thank you for reading this email.

Sincerely,
    Eunji.

15. By: Ah-young Jo 1211613 on May 10, 2012 at 8:46 am      Reply

Dear administrator of this bus company
    I appriciate to know your company. Your company is cheaper, faster and comportable than other bus company. However, recently I have a travel by your bus, and my bag was damaged so seriously. Your guy said to me that my bag will safe if it is in the trunk, but my bag’s ridge is crushed, and rocker is broken. At that time, I can believe that my bag will safe because your trunk looks safe, but when the bus start to moving, I could feel something is wrong. He looks kind, honest and moderate, but he wasn’t. The bus move so aggressively and dangerously. Probably, it was a mistake, but I want you to educate your guy for safe in every week. This will help your company to save your client’s bag.
    Thank you for read my e-mail. I hope I can use your company again, and my bag will safe.
    From Ah-young Jo

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 12:06 pm      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To whom it may concern,

I appreciate your company. Your company is cheaper, faster and more comfortable than other bus companies. However, recently I traveled by your bus, and my bag was seriously damaged. Your guy said to me that my bag would be safe if it is in the trunk, but my bag’s was crushed, and the rocker was broken. At that time, I believed that my bag would be safe because your trunk looked safe, but when the bus started moving, I could feel something was wrong. He looked kind, honest and moderate, but he wasn’t. The bus moved so aggressively and dangerously. Probably, it was a mistake, but I want you to educate your guy for safety. This will help your company to save your client’s bags. Thank you for reading my e-mail. I hope I can use your company again, and my bag will safe.

Thank you,
      Ah-young Jo

Great job. Remember to use the phrase “To whom it may concern” if you don’t know the recipient’s name. Remember to use a formal closing.

16. By: Ah-young Jo 1211613 on May 10, 2012 at 9:18 am      Reply

To : Bus company manager
    From : Son Eu Mi

Hello. Recently, I took your company’s bus that goes to Seoul. The bus is very clean and refined. Although the bus was good, your bus driver was bad. Because the bus driver drove fast and tough. So we arrived at Seoul, my suitcase was damaged. I think that if the bus driver drove fast and tough, my suitcase wasn’t damaged. I want this case wasn’t happend. I hope that this issue can be resorved. Thank you for read my e-mail.
    Bye.

17. By: Gyu Min Park on May 10, 2012 at 10:12 am      Reply

To: Bus Company Manager
    From: Gyu Min Park

To whom it may concern,

Hello, I traveled by your bus a week ago on 2nd of May and I ahd very pleasant ride even though it was long distance. However, my suitcase was damaged when I got off that my luggage was crushed very badly now I can’t even open it. I had very important present in my bag for my best friend that now I can’t give it to her. I complained to the bus driver but he kept putting the faults on me where I couldn’t get any solution. Since it was damaged in the bus, I wonder if I can get some repayment for what had been damaged. It was very nice to travel by your bus but I would be much better if you can recieve my request. Thank you.

Best regards, Gyu Min Park

• By: mcalvertgep on May 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm      Reply

Here are some changes I made:

To: Bus Company Manager
      From: Gyu Min Park

To whom it may concern,

I traveled by your bus a week ago on the 2nd of May, and I had a very pleasant ride even though it was long distance. However, my suitcase was damaged. When I got off I saw that my luggage was crushed very badly, and I couldn’t even open it. I had a very important present in my bag for my best friend, and now I can’t give it to her. I complained to the bus driver, but he kept putting the faults on me where I couldn’t get any solution. Since it was damaged in the bus, I wonder if I can get some repayment for what had been damaged. It was very nice to travel by your bus, but I would feel much better if you agreed with my request. Thank you.

Best regards,
      Gyu Min Park

Great job. You described the problem and solution very clearly.

18. By: mcalvertgep on May 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm      Reply

Great job everyone. This assignment is now closed.

~ Melissa

19. By: PARK YEO KYOUNG on May 16, 2012 at 1:41 am      Reply

To : Bus Company Manager

From : YEO KYUNG PARK.

Hello, I’m PARK.
    I used the bus for a long time, and I’m very happy.
    However, when I arrived the home, I’m very
    shocked. Because the suitcase is broken. The suit case was damaged by bus. I’m very sad. Because the broken suitcase is very important in my suitcases. I have variety memories with my suitcase. I want to request your company that the bus compnany give me the same shape suitcase.
    I want to get good memories about your bus company, and I believe your company’s service is good for client. Also, this phenomenon don’t generate again. I believe your company.
    Thank you for reading my e-mail. Bye.

20. By: Son Eu Mi on May 17, 2012 at 2:53 am      Reply

To.Bus company manager
    From.Son Eu Mi

Hello.I’m a person that uesd to your company’s bus oftenly. Recently I traverled to the Busan,so I uesd your company’s bus that goes to Busan. I think your bus system is very comfortable. And your ticket price is very cheap. But when I take the bus, I think your company’s bus driver is unkind. Because the bus driver drive the bus very fast and tough. So the bus passenger feel the bus will be accident.Fotunatelly the accident was not happend, my suitcase was damaged. when I realize the suitcase was damaged, my feel is so bad. I disappoint your bus company. Although I like your company bus, I’m affraid using the bus after this time. I think that your bus company should have edcation for bus driver. I want this case not happened. Thank you for this letter read. Goodbye! see you later.

Best regard
    Son Eu Mi

21. By: mcalvertgep on June 24, 2012 at 5:36 am      Reply

Great job everyone. This blog is now closed.

~ Melissa

Leave a response

Your response: